Thursday, February 16, 2012

Chocolates Final

I got a little relaxed on updating the blog as finals for my chocolate class approached. So instead of adding a few of the missed items that we covered in the last few days of class; gummies, pate de fruit, pb&j chocolates I am going to put up pictures what we covered on the final.

We had to make 50 of the penuche, or another fudge product.
We also had to make 50 crystalline products and I chose to re-make Nougat Montelimar (the white candies wrapped)
In the top right corner is 30 pieces of dipped PB&J confections.

Pate de Fruit is a flavoured gummy that is coated with a light dusting of sugar. For both the in class exercise and the final I chose to use an apple puree because I liked the light aesthetic of apple puree when dusted in sugar. I also quite liked the natural taste of the puree.






Nougat Montelimar is a nougat confection packed with almonds, pistachios, hazelnuts, dried pears, dried apricot, and dried cherries. It has a very high percentage of almonds because it comes from a region in France that is known for growing almonds.





  PB&J confections are equally delicious because it has an equal layer of peanut butter ganache and a raspberry pate de fruit. The combination of jelly and smooth ganache mimics the flavours of a pb&j sandwich perfectly (minus the bread element)





We revisited the polycarbonate molds, and I really enjoyed the aesthetic of the Toucans (passion fruit ganache confections) that I chose to do that recipe again for the final.







We also did 30 dipped caramels. Using a slightly different recipe that uses all cream and no milk, giving the caramels a slightly deeper and creamier taste and texture.







And for packaging, we had to make 50 fudge products and I chose to revisit Penuche because of the superior taste quality I found in the brown sugar confection to a traditional chocolate fudge.

No comments:

Post a Comment